3 men are needed to help move furniture on Saturday August 30th starting at 9 am. They are willing to pay $10 per hour. If interested contact John Wiebe at 620-947-2920 and leave a reply number.
Salem United Methodist church in Newton, KS is accepting applications for a full time Director of Children & Youth Ministries.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Pastor, Pastor Parish Relations Committee
1. degree in Christian Education, Pastoral Ministries, or equivalent preferred
2. or working towards degree in Christian Education, Pastoral Ministries, or equivalent
3. or demonstrated experience in Christian Education, Pastoral Ministries, or equivalent
4. Safe Gatherings Certification (can be completed after hiring)
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Full time (2080 hrs per year), monthly salary
Paid holidays (when they fall on a regular work day): New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor
Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Any other dates designated by the Pastor Parish Relations Committee.
PAID PERSONAL LEAVE: (can be used as sick or vacation leave)
15 years of service 1 week (5 days)
69 years of service 2 weeks (10 days)
10 years of service or more 3 weeks (15 days)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of United Methodist Theology
2. Personal relationship with Jesus
3. Strong interpersonal, organizational, leadership and communication skills
4. Demonstrated abilities to work with children and youth
MAJOR FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and promote a comprehensive approach to youth and children’s ministries.
a. Plan and supervise all youth events and activities.
b. Develop relationships with youth.
c. Maintain education on the nature of adolescents, their needs, joys and concerns.
d. Work with community leaders to identify the needs, abilities and desires of the youth in the church
e. Be an advocate of youth involvement in the decisionmaking process of the Church.
f. Insure United Methodist Theology is taught within the curriculum.
2. Serve as a role model to the youth.
3. Attend worship regularly at Salem UMC and participate in designated meetings of the Church.
(Leadership Team, Administrative Board, Education Team, and Staff).
4. Provide resources and training for children’s and youth Sunday school teachers.
5. Schedule children’s Sunday school teachers.
6. Help identify and recruit children’s Sunday school teachers.
7. Serve as or designate a Vacation Bible School Director.
8. Develop and recruit participants in a weekly afterschool program.
9. Maintain accountability for budgeted funds.
10. Give two weeks notice prior to termination.
Sequel Youth and Family Services: Wichita, KS
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our youth?
Do you want a supportive work environment?
Do you want to be part of leading a youth and young adults to personal victory and success?
If you answered “yes” then Sequel Youth and Family Services may have the perfect job for you!!!!
Riverside Academy is a residential treatment facility providing psychiatric treatment for boys and girls, ages 6 and older. Riverside Academy serves Child in Need of Care (CINC), Juvenile Justice Authority (JJA) and parental-custody residents with a variety of mental health disorders, including behavioral disorders and/or drug and alcohol dependence or abuse and developmental delays. With a licensed capacity of 63 residents, Riverside Academy is a Joint Commission (JCAHO) accredited program that serves youth from several different states. A low resident-to-teacher/counselor ratio is essential to the child’s progress. Our experienced and highly skilled staff works closely with each child to develop their full potential for academic achievement and mastery of critical life and coping skills.
We have an immediate need for Licensed Therapist to initially work on a temporary basis for approximately 12 weeks. There is the potential that this position could develop into long-term employment. The Therapist provides individual, group and family therapy services. The Therapist also functions as the case manager for all residents assigned to his/her caseload.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Make accurate assessments of resident’s behavior and clinical needs and to assign the appropriate level of supervision necessary to maintain the safety and well-being of the resident under their care.
- Coordinate treatment planning and facilitate treatment team meetings.
- Serves as the liaison in coordinating care with the resident’s family, community case manager and community services.
- Demonstrates a variety of counseling and guidance skills which support the formation of trusting, supportive relationships with the youth.
- Participates in the development of unit programs to meet the special needs of the youth in their care.
- Master’s Degree in the Social or Behavioral Sciences.
- Experience in treatment facility serving youth preferred.
- Licensed in the state of Kansas with appropriate behavioral science license or temporary license.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-DERBY-1912 North Rock Rd (1676)
Job: Dog Training
At Petco, we believe it is our duty to nurture the complete health and well-being of animals. We’re here to help pet parents navigate the ups and downs of pet parenthood. We offer more than just supplies and services – we offer ears to listen and shoulders to lean on. Our Petco family is made up of pet lovers who unselfishly put the needs of others before their own. And like all great families, this one offers the support and inspiration we need to thrive.
As a Dog Trainer or Dog Trainer Apprentice with Petco, you will play an absolutely vital role in the Petco family. Within your store, you will be the primary resource and leader for Petco’s Positive Dog Training program. You must be committed to and show a genuine interest in enhancing communication and teamwork between dog and pet parent by offering positive solutions and rewarding success while providing a fun and safe environment for dogs, pet parents and store partners.
Our Dog Trainer Apprenticeship is a comprehensive training program to prepare you for the role of Dog Trainer in your store. Apply today, and a store manager will review your skills, experience and prior training to determine where you might fit on the Dog Training team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a subject matter expert for Petco’s Positive Dog Training Program, products, services and in-store promotions
- Promoting, conducting and instructing all current dog training curricula
- Be a genuine Petco ambassador who exemplifies the Petco culture and values in all communications and interactions.
- Coaching, encouraging and motivating dogs and pet parents
- Effectively deliver formal presentations
- Achieve Dog Training goals by offering creative Training solutions
- Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
- Assisting in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise
- Ensuring that store animals receive the highest quality care and are maintained in clean, safe and secure habitats
- Promoting established safety and loss prevention procedures
- CPDT-KA or Karen Pryor Academy (KPA-CTP) certifications
- Previous experience teaching positive reinforcement dog training techniques in group or class settings
- Computer skills with the ability to quickly research information from the Internet
- The ability to work during peak traffic periods during week days and weekends
Click here to apply.